Living up to our “productivity potential” can be so elusive, can’t it? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, productivity strategist Steve Kahle shares a very helpful perspective on how we can reach that potential through some simple shifts.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why it’s more difficult to live up to our productivity potential when we are distracted by less important matters.
- The difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
- What it means to “eat that frog” and how it helps you be more productive.
- Why you must distinguish between the urgent and the important.
Interview with Steve Kahle
- How Mike Rowe (from “Dirty Jobs”) impacted Steve’s approach to productivity.
- Why you need a clear finish line for your workday.
- The value of using your calendar as a “doing” list.
- Dwight Eisenhower’s advice about planning.
- The relationship between goals, tasks, and your calendar.
- Why it’s important to have an empty email inbox, and how to successfully deal with all those emails.
- How to use Steve’s “Promise Management 3” system to manage tasks.
Click to Tweet
Learn how @mikeroweworks impacted @SteveKahle’s approach to productivity. Click To Tweet
Productivity guru @SteveKahle shows you how to tame your out-of-control email inbox. Click To Tweet
Discover @SteveKahle’s “Promise Management 3” system for managing tasks. Click To Tweet
- Resource: How Do High Achievers Plan Their Workday?
- The Proactive Lane Boot Camp
- Connect with Steve on LinkedIn
- Follow Steve on Twitter