Do nice people finish first, or don’t they? Or is that the wrong question? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll speak with a really nice guy who finishes first, and literally wrote the book on that topic. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why being nice doesn’t automatically make you successful (though it’s a great start!).
- The importance of doing things in “a certain way.”
- Why some people can be mean, nasty, or heartless, yet still achieve.
Interview with Doug Sandler
- A story from Doug’s first big gig as a DJ, and what he learned about the need to invest time, energy, and resources into clients.
- How to ensure that you’re successful by executing a plan with excellence that goes far beyond a client’s expectations.
- Why you need a system for understanding where you are going wrong, and why you are succeeding.
- Common misconceptions that the business world thinks about being nice.
5 Action Steps You Can Take to Help Achieve Business Success:
- Return your phone calls and emails.
- Be on time, every time.
- Don’t overpromise and underdeliver.
- Set unrealistic expectations and then exceed them.
- Connect with people on a regular basis just to say hello.
Click to Tweet
Discover why nice guys truly do finish first in business. @djdoug #success #business Click To Tweet
Listen to @djdoug share 5 action steps to help you achieve business success today. #success #business Click To Tweet
Nice guys finish first because they go above and beyond what the client expects. @djdoug #success #business Click To Tweet
- The Nice Guys on Business Podcast
- Nice Guys Finish First by Doug Sandler
- Follow Doug Sandler on Twitter