When it comes to persuasion, sometimes the most effective way is exactly opposite of what we might think. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our second segment, we’ll continue to look at persuasion and see how, when done correctly, it’s always about honoring the other person. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The difference between persuasion and manipulation.
- The two conditions that must take place for influence to be persuasion, not manipulation.
- How Benjamin Franklin used a very counterintuitive method of persuasion in order to make a loyal friend out of an enemy.
Persuasion at the Border
- Bob’s account of using principles of persuasion while going through airport customs.
- The importance of controlling your emotions in a tense situation.
- Why a bruised ego causes people to act in ways that are not in accordance with their personality.
- How to use the principle of thanking someone in advance for what you want them to do.
Click to Tweet
What is the difference between #persuasion and manipulation? Find out on this week’s episode. Click To Tweet
Learn how Benjamin Franklin used persuasion to make a friend out of an enemy. #persuasion Click To Tweet
Authentic #persuasion happens when 1) everyone wins, and 2) everyone feels good about the transaction. Click To Tweet