As human beings we love stories, don’t we? But why? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment: If you’ve ever wondered how great storytellers are able to continually tell such great stories, today you’re going to find out as we’ll be joined by the amazing John David Mann. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why stories don’t necessarily sell…they connect.
- A reminder about the power of stories in every phase of life.
Interview with John David Mann
- Why you don’t actually come up with a story idea…you respond to an idea.
- John’s advice for would-be writers.
- John’s strategy for beating writer’s block.
- The value of having a “reading buddy.”
- Why reading great books is so important to being a great writer.
- The most common way to destroy your ability as a writer.
- Why you must be willing to write garbage in your first draft.
- The value of receiving good criticism if you want to improve your writing.
Click to Tweet
You don’t actually come up with an idea. You respond to an idea. @JohnDavidMann Click To Tweet
Living your life is just like writing a story—the story of your life. @JohnDavidMann Click To Tweet
Reading and writing are like inhaling and exhaling. You’ve got to breathe in great words. @JohnDavidMann Click To Tweet
- Read John’s Blog
- The Killing School by Brandon Webb with John David Mann
- TOTAL FOCUS by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
- The Recipe by Chef Charles Carroll and John David Mann
- Follow John on Twitter