How important is it for kids to have an entrepreneurial mindset? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, noted entrepreneur, television host, and author, JJ Ramberg shows us that the business principles important to a 5th grader’s business can benefit them for the remainder of their lives. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The value of understanding business principles, whether you are an entrepreneur or an intrapreneur (working within another person’s business).
- Why childhood is an ideal time to learn entrepreneurial principles.
- The value of experiencing both the rewards and the consequences of their actions and decisions… even for something like a lemonade stand.
Interview with JJ Ramberg
- Why teaching financial literacy to kids is so important.
- The importance of understanding the value of a product or service.
- Why JJ and her co-authors used a story format to teach the principles in their book.
- How JJ used lessons learned from her business experience within the story.
- Several powerful business lessons that can help create the environment for a lifetime of success.
- What JJ hopes kids will take away from the book.
- How the book is a microcosm of adult businesses.
- How the Gumdrop plugin can save you money and help causes you care about.
Click to Tweet
On this episode, @JJRamberg shares how her new book teaches #business principles to kids. Click To Tweet
How can #parents teach kids to think like entrepreneurs? @JJRamberg shows you how in her new book.… Click To Tweet
A lesson from @JJRamberg 's new biz book for kids: If U make a #promise, U have to keep that promise Click To Tweet
- The Startup Club by JJ Ramberg, Melanie Staggs, and S. Taylor
- “Your Business with JJ Ramberg” on MSNBC
- Connect with JJ on Facebook
- Connect with JJ on LinkedIn
- Follow JJ on Twitter
- Follow JJ on Instagram