While money is simply energy — a means to an end — it touches practically every area of our lives. Because of that, it’s important to understand its workings. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, financial expert, successful entrepreneur, mentor, and philanthropist Sharon Lechter will share some wisdom on mastering money. That and more in this episode.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A key principle from Wallace D. Wattles’ 1910 classic book The Science of Getting Rich, discussing why we need money in order to live to our fullest potential.
- Why a lack of money affects much more than our bank account — it affects our family relationships, emotions, spiritual health, and ability to help others.
- The importance of studying how money works, and how you can use this knowledge to help you and your loved ones live more fully, completely, and happily.
Interview with Sharon Lechter
- Sharon’s story of overcoming the sexism she faced early in her accounting career.
- How Sharon began to develop a talking children’s book and helped skyrocket it to success by collaborating with strong brands that people trusted.
- Why financial success depends so much on your mindset, and how to help your kids transition from negative to positive thinking about money.
- A reminder that at the end of the day, you are either a master of your money or a slave to it.
- How to move from an attitude of scarcity to an attitude of abundance by looking at a budget as a “spending plan.”
- Why the financial decisions you make every day either drive you to success or drive you into debt.
Click to Tweet
You are the CEO of your own life. @sharonlechter Click To Tweet
The financial decisions you make every day drive you to success or drive you into debt. @sharonlechter Click To Tweet
At the end of the day, you are either master of your money or a slave to it. @sharonlechter Click To Tweet
- Your Money, Your Business, Your Life Podcast
- Thrive Time for Teens Game
- Think and Grow Rich for Women by Sharon Lechter
- How to Spend Happily and Still Get Ahead