Is mediocrity a worthy goal to shoot for? I think most of us would say “no.” We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And later in our interview segment, Lisa Copeland will share with us her principles for Crushing Mediocrity, which is the name of her new book, as well as something she has lots of personal experience doing. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why it’s not the job that makes one mediocre; only the attitude one brings to the job.
- A simple way to move from mediocrity to excellence, whether you’re a leader, salesperson, parent, teacher, firefighter, engineer … or anyone else.
- A key quote from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on the relationship between service and greatness.
Interview with Lisa Copeland
- The story of how Lisa became a person who doesn’t settle for mediocrity, and how she achieved huge success while working in a male-dominated industry.
- Why you must operate from your underlying purpose, and how Lisa has lived out her underlying purpose of empowering women throughout her career.
- The importance of owning your choices instead of running from them.
- What it means to “complete the past” and how it can help you move forward to success.
- The inspiring story of Rebecca Contreras, who went from being an unwed high school mother to serving in the White House under George W. Bush.
- Why you don’t have to be fearless, only to fear less.
Click to Tweet
You can’t have it all, but you can have what matters most. @LisaCCopeland Click To Tweet
The character you exhibit in your everyday life is the foundation of your legacy. @LisaCCopelan Click To Tweet
You don’t have to be fearless, only to fear less. @LisaCCopeland Click To Tweet
- Crushing Mediocrity by René Banglesdorf and Lisa Copeland
- Follow Lisa Copeland on Twitter
- Connect with Lisa Copeland on Facebook