November 18, 2016 is Women’s Entrepreneurship Day. I thought we could celebrate that by hearing from two women who are not only great friends of mine as well as very successful entrepreneurs, but have also dedicated themselves to empowering women all over the world. First, we’ll speak with Ingrid Vanderveldt of EBW2020 and then, after a quick break, Jennifer Iannolo of the Concordia Project. You’ll want to hear from — and then most likely connect with — both of them. They are both amazing! That and more on today’s show.
Interview with Ingrid Vanderveldt
- How Ingrid developed and a global vision and became a missionary of a different kind.
- Why there are specific challenges women face when building a business.
- Why a lack of confidence prevents so many women from starting, growing, or scaling a venture.
- What you can expect to happen when you get involved with EBW2020.
Interview with Jennifer Iannolo
- What it means to have a framework for empowerment, and why it doesn’t mean taking power away from men.
- Jennifer’s exciting work in Nepal and how it is helping young women to stand up courageously for their convictions.
- The surprising results of Jennifer’s experiment in offering a workshop on “having it all.”
- The story behind the Concordia Project’s name, its connection to Roman mythology, and how it is empowering women entrepreneurs..
Click to Tweet
Join us for Women’s Entrepreneurship Day with @ontheroadwithIV and @foodphilosophy. Click To Tweet
Discover how Ingrid Vanderveldt is helping empower women all over the world through @EBW2020. @ontheroadwithIV Click To Tweet
Discover how Jennifer Iannolo is helping empower young women entrepreneurs in Nepal and beyond. @foodphilosophy Click To Tweet
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.
Great guests as usual! I really enjoyed the energy they both shared about empowering women. I will recommend this to my wife and daughter.
Tom, thank you so much. Delighted to know, not only that you enjoyed it but that you’re sharing it with your wife and daughter! Awesome!