What would you look for in a leader you were considering hiring? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Gary Campbell stepped up into a leadership role and created an award-winning turnaround. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Several key qualities to look for when hiring a new leader.
- When to use the words “we,” “us,” and “our” as a leader, and when to use “I” and “me.”
- That the single greatest people skill is a highly developed and authentic interest in the other person.
Interview with Gary Campbell
- Several significant challenges Gary faced when he became CEO of Johnson Health Center, and the steps he took to address those challenges.
- Why it took about a year for the leadership team to become a cohesive unit and begin truly working together.
- How to start reaching more Millennials in your workplace by offering a transformational experience.
- The value of removing the word “management” from your vocabulary, and what you should use instead.
- Why you must have a commitment to everyone in your organization, not just your customers.
Click to Tweet
When you put your employees first, everything else takes care of itself. @Campbell18Gary Click To Tweet
You must commit to everyone in your organization, not just your customers. @Campbell18Gary Click To Tweet
If you want to reach Millennials in your workplace, offer a transformational experience. @Campbell18Gary Click To Tweet