The engine that drives prosperity in any free-market based economy is entrepreneurship, typically via small business. What is the best way to unleash this economic powerhouse? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, one of the world’s foremost experts on small business, Susan Solovic, will give us her small business outlook for 2017. That and more in today’s episode.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why government cannot create jobs (and what it can do instead to help job creation).
- The only way to become wealthy in a truly free-market based economy.
- How government slows the marketplace with red tape and unnecessary regulations.
Interview with Susan Solovic
- Why Susan is cautiously optimistic about the economy and small business.
- How small and mid-size businesses can take advantage of technology that offers the same professional infrastructure as big businesses, yet at a fraction of the cost.
- The two types of “big data” that can help small businesses.
- Why every business should pay attention to its mobile presence.
- Why the best thing Congress can do when it comes to regulations is get out of the way.
Click to Tweet
Learn how to leverage technology and big data for your small business. @SusanSolovic Click To Tweet
Hear why @SusanSolovic is cautiously optimistic about the economy and small business. Click To Tweet
Entrepreneur & author @SusanSolovic shares her insights on small biz, regulations, and technology. Click To Tweet
- Susan’s testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives
- It’s Your Biz by Susan Solovic
- The Girl’s Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business by Susan Solovic
- Follow Susan Solovic on Twitter
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.