We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses. What are the three basic types of weaknesses, and how should we approach them? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll hear from renowned Executive Leadership Coach, Lolly Daskal. She’ll take a look at the gaps that can keep any of us from realizing our full leadership potential, how we can recognize them, and how we can fill in those gaps. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The three types of weaknesses, and how to know the appropriate action (or non-action) to take concerning each one.
- Personal examples of how I have dealt with each type of weakness in my own life.
- How the third type of weakness causes gaps in our effectiveness, and why we must work on them in order to be more effective personally and professionally.
Interview with Lolly Daskal
- How Lolly defines the leadership gap, and why many leaders don’t face their own gaps.
- Why greatness lies in the gaps between where you are and where you want to be.
- How to know when you have a leadership gap.
- The seven leadership archetypes, their characteristics, and the polarities present in each one.
- The difference between confidence and competence.
- A success story of a CEO who experienced a leadership gap, and how Lolly helped him recognize and overcome it.
The seven leadership archetypes:
- The Rebel
- The Explorer
- The Truth Teller
- The Hero
- The Inventor
- The Navigator
- The Knight
Click to Tweet
The secrets that create gaps in our lives weigh us down. @LollyDaskal #leadership Click To Tweet
Confidence is believing you are able. Competence is knowing you are able. @LollyDaskal #leadership Click To Tweet
Your entire life is about unifying who you are in the process of becoming the best leader possible. @LollyDaskal #leadership Click To Tweet