Is what we THINK we know about communication really true? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Phil Jones will help us be a lot more influential with the words we use. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A famous case study on communication that has been taken out of context.
- The correct origin of the 7-38-55 ratio, and why it does NOT apply to normal communications.
- Why words count for much more than just 7% of our communication.
Interview with Phil Jones
- The biggest difference between highly successful people and everyone else.
- How to create an environment for a non-threatening conversation.
- The value of asking someone if they are “open-minded.”
- The background of the term “motivation” and how it relates to human decision-making.
- How to use “just imagine” as the grown-up version of “once upon a time.”
- Why we look for safety in numbers when it comes to decision-making.
- A gentle but powerful way to help your customer comfortably move to the next step.
Click to Tweet
How to create a rejection-free approach to convos to increase the listener’s comfort. @PhilMJonesUK #communications Click To Tweet
In this episode @PhilMJonesUK shows you the magic words for #influence and impact. #communication Click To Tweet
People make #decisions based on what feels right first. @PhilMJonesUK Click To Tweet
- Exactly What To Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact by Phil Jones
- Tips for Smarter Selling Blog
- Connect with Phil on Facebook
- Connect with Phil on LinkedIn
- Follow Phil on Twitter