What was the overarching lesson of Sun Tzu’s classic, The Art of War? It’s different than what many think it is. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, former U.S. Navy SEAL sniper turned entrepreneur, Brandon Webb connects the pressure of Special Operations Forces with success in the business world. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why the ruthless, take-no-prisoners types of business leaders who claim to have read The Art of War actually don’t understand the book’s major lesson.
- A powerful quote from the book revealing the very best of skills in terms of overcoming others’ armies.
Interview with Brandon Webb
- The gripping first paragraph of Brandon’s book TOTAL FOCUS: Make Better Decisions Under Pressure, and how it relates to business lessons he learned many years later.
- Why you should remove as much emotion as possible from decisions.
- How to use “front sight focus” to skyrocket your success.
- The power of “no” and how it can help you maintain focus.
- A lesson from the story of three American men who stopped a potential terrorist attack on a high-speed train headed to Paris in 2015.
- The value of practicing situational awareness in business.
- A fascinating story about Brandon’s friend Hoby Darling.
- Front Sight Focus
- Total Situational Awareness
- Violence of Action
- Excellence Matters
- Embrace The Suck
- One Team, One Fight
- Lead From The Front
Click to Tweet
Former US Navy SEAL sniper @BrandonTWebb reveals how to use front sight #focus to skyrocket your #success. Click To Tweet
We are who we hang out with. @BrandonTWebb #relationships #success Click To Tweet
Former US Navy SEAL sniper @BrandonTWebb shows how total #focus helps us win in life & biz https://thegogiver.com/?p=30098 via @BobBurg Click To Tweet
- Total Focus: Make Better Decisions Under Pressure by Brandon Webb
- Follow Brandon on Twitter
- Connect with Brandon on Facebook
- The Red Circle by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
- The Making of a Navy SEAL by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
- Among Heroes by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
- The Killing School by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
- The Power of Thought by Brandon Webb
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.