Even if you’re not a business owner, you can still have an entrepreneurial mindset, which will serve you well. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, the always wise and relevant Dorie Clark will share wisdom from her newest book, Entrepreneurial You. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- How the principles from The Go-Giver apply to employees within a corporate setting.
- The one overarching reason why people buy from you as a sales professional or entrepreneur. Or, as an employee, why someone would hire you and keep you on.
- Why you should think like an INtrapreneur–an ENtrepreneur within another person’s company.
Interview with Dorie Clark
- How a wake-up call in 2001 helped Dorie learn the importance of developing multiple income streams.
- The difference between making money FROM something and making money BECAUSE of something.
- Why talent alone is not enough to become a successful entrepreneur.
- How Dorie uses consulting, coaching, writing, speaking, and several other income streams to de-risk her business.
- The inspirational story of Todd Herman, a youth sports coach who leveraged free speaking opportunities to exponentially grow his business.
- How Antonio Centeno used the power of video to create a successful business based on information products.
- Why targeting a niche can be an excellent business strategy.
- How to deal with discouragement as an entrepreneur.
- The importance of savoring the small wins.
Click to Tweet
What @DorieClark says is the diff between making money *from* something and “because* of something. #business Click To Tweet
“The goal of #freedom is the independence to live your life as you’d like. @DorieClark #entrepreneurs Click To Tweet
In this episode, @DorieClark reveals why many #entrepreneurs quit before they should. Click To Tweet
- Entrepreneurial You by Dorie Clark
- Reinventing You by Dorie Clark
- Stand Out by Dorie Clark
- Stand Out Networking by Dorie Clark
- Free Resource: Entrepreneurial You Self-Assessment Workbook
- Connect with Dorie on Facebook
- Connect with Dorie on LinkedIn
- Follow Dorie on Twitter
- Follow Dorie on Instagram