Have you ever noticed that the happiest people seem to live with a purpose? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll explore this question: Is there an actual scientific method for attaining happiness? We’ll discuss that with Shane Ram. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A powerful quote often attributed to Mark Twain (although the chances are excellent that he didn’t actually say it): “The two most important days of your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
- The two parts of finding out our individual mission.
- Why we tend to find it difficult to be truly happy when we don’t have a reason for being.
Interview with Shane Ram
- How Shane defines happiness.
- Why purpose and goals are closely related to happiness.
- How Shane’s mindset as a child helped him overcome extreme poverty.
- Why Shane did not label himself as poor.
- The importance of understanding how happiness in one area of your life affects every other area of your life.
- The TEAR formula: Thoughts + Emotions + Actions = Results
- Why you must ensure that the goals you are pursuing line up with your purpose.
- The reason most people keep getting the same results over and over.
- Why conformity is so dangerous.
Click to Tweet
The highest emotional target is #happiness. @iamshaneram Click To Tweet
#Happiness comes from pursuing #goals that are purposeful. @iamshaneram Click To Tweet
On this episode, we explore the TEAR formula: Thoughts + Emotions + Actions = Results @iamshaneram #happiness Click To Tweet
- Shane’s blog
- Shane’s Resources page
- Shane’s Speaking page
- Connect with Shane on Facebook
- Connect with Shane on LinkedIn
- Follow Shane on Twitter
- Follow Shane on Instagram
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.