Often, the most effective way to stay self-disciplined is to not depend on your ability to stay self-disciplined. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, former FBI counterintelligence agent LaRae Quy shares the importance of resiliency to one’s ability to be mentally tough. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why most people see me as being disciplined, when in fact the people who know me well know that I’m actually NOT very disciplined, at least not naturally.
- The principle of “Never keeping the Oreos in the house.”
- Why you must create an environment where it is easy for you to make correct decisions, and an example of how I do that in my daily life with a personal trainer.
Interview with LaRae Quy
- How LaRae defines mental toughness, and why it’s so important.
- How LaRae’s FBI training took her way out of her comfort zone…and made her stronger.
- How to move past blaming others.
- The importance of putting yourself under surveillance so you can learn to predict your response.
- Why being a positive thinker is not the same thing as being an optimist.
- How to use prioritization as a tool of resilience.
- How to reframe negative events.
- The importance of finding your family or tribe.
- LaRae’s scariest moment in the FBI.
The 8 Qualities That Resilient People Possess:
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Develop good daily habits
- Focus on possibilities
- Are positive thinkers
- Prioritize what is important
- Manage emotions
- Reframe negative events
- Find their tribe
Click to Tweet
Mental #toughness is managing your emotions, thoughts and behavior in ways that will set you up for #success. @LaRaeQuy Click To Tweet
It doesn’t matter where you land. You land on your feet and you learn to survive wherever you are placed. @LaRaeQuy Click To Tweet
On today’s episode, former #FBI counterintelligence agent @LaRaeQuy reveals the 8 qualities of #resilient people. Click To Tweet
- Mental Toughness for Women Leaders by LaRae Quy
- Secrets of a STRONG Mind by LaRae Quy
- LaRae’s blog
- Article: A former FBI agent shares 8 qualities of resilient people
- Book LaRae to speak
- Free Resource: Mental Toughness Assessment
- Connect with LaRae on Facebook
- Connect with LaRae on LinkedIn
- Follow LaRae on Twitter