What is the essence of influence? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, John David Mann is here to discuss some thoughts from our new book, The Go-Giver Influencer. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- How the definition of influence, and its essence, are not the same.
- What the essence of influence truly is.
- The positive results of influencing others correctly.
Interview with John David Mann
- How to place the focus on others when you feel like focusing on yourself.
- The essence of communication, and of collaboration.
- Why it’s in your own best interest to place the other person’s interests first.
- What it means to “listen with the back of your neck.”
- A memorable story from John’s experience in bankruptcy court.
- Why compromise is not the first option to pursue.
- The benefits of collaboration.
- That tact and diplomacy need never be confused with compromising one’s values.
- How letting go of having to being right actually makes you more influential.
Click to Tweet
Get CHs 1&2 of The Go-Giver Influencer at bit.ly/GGInfluencer. @JohnDavidMann #influence Click To Tweet
Listen, not just with your ears. Listen with your eyes. With your posture. #Listen with the back of your neck. @JohnDavidMann Click To Tweet
Compromise comes from a Greek word meaning, “Nobody really gets what they want, and neither person comes away happy.” Seek #collaboration rather than compromise. @JohnDavidMann Click To Tweet
- The Go-Giver Influencer by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- John’s blog
- Connect with John on LinkedIn
- Connect with John on Facebook
- Follow John on Twitter