Episode #18: Influential Fortunato
Bob’s special guest was Dondi Scumaci. She is one of his mentors who he refers to as, “one of the wisest, and one of the kindest, people I know.” The show’s theme is Influential Fortunato. Fortunato is Dondi’s horse who—from the moment she adopted him—has been teaching Dondi all types of lessons about learning and leadership.
Dondi (author of a number of books including, “Career Moves”) speaks to some of the largest companies in the world on leadership and teamwork where she also does powerful mentoring. Her client list reads like a “Who’s Who” of Fortune 100 companies.
Dondi also has a course titled, “Mentor in a Box,” a corporate tool that contains everything necessary to start a mentoring program with a mentor and a protégé.
Topics they discuss include:
- How does one acquire the ability to be a good learner?
- What is one’s “Leadership Core?”
- Effectively taking those you lead to the next level.
- Working constructively with the different “generations.”
- How we influence situations without even knowing it.
Resources mentioned during the show::
- Dondi’s website: www.dondiscumaci.com
- Blog: https://dondiscumaci.com/blog/
- Dondi’s books and products: https://dondiscumaci.com/books-cds/
- Speaking: http://www.dondiscumaci.com/