Has someone ever stood up for you? Especially someone you would not have expected to? How did that make you feel? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll hear encouragement and family lessons from the great Mary Jane Mapes.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- An encouraging story shared during a group discussion that affected all of us profoundly.
- How being stood up for can provide one with a true sense of empathy for people who are bullied, as well as simply making them feel worthy and valuable.
Interview with Mary Jane Mapes
- The powerful lesson Mary Jane learned from her Mother about standing up for others.
- A touching story about the power of empathy between Mary Jane and her daughter.
- A wonderful leadership lesson regarding acting congruently with your values.
- Why finishing well doesn’t mean perfection, but the pursuit of excellence in everything.
- An insightful quote about kindness, success, and honesty from Mother Teresa.
- Why Mary Jane’s favorite topic is authentic relationships.
Click to Tweet
Finishing well means a life that has been well lived. @MaryJaneMapes #relationships Click To Tweet
Being others-centered is much more powerful than being self-centered. @MaryJaneMapes #relationships Click To Tweet
I’d rather end up with a life of #discipline than a life of regret. @MaryJaneMapes #relationships Click To Tweet
- Online E-Learning Crogram: Influential Leader: Rise to Real P.O.W.E.R. in Business & Beyond
- The Unstoppables: Success Strategies from 12 Top Women Leaders to Supercharge Your Career by Mary Jane Mapes
- You CAN Teach a Pig to Sing: Create Great Relationships … with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere by Mary Jane Mapes
- The Art of Fielding Questions with Finesse by Mary Jane Mapes
- Mary Jane’s Blog
- Hire Mary Jane to Speak
- Connect with Mary Jane on Facebook
- Connect with Mary Jane on LinkedIn
- Follow Mary Jane on Twitter
- Mary Jane’s YouTube channel