Would you like a methodology for creating immense word of mouth for your business? If so, then I believe you’re going to LOVE this discussion with Jay Baer.
Interview with Jay Baer
- What a talk trigger is, and why it’s so important.
- Why the talk triggers used by The Cheesecake Factory and Doubletree Hotels are actually what turns their customers into volunteer marketers and salespeople.
- Why offline word of mouth is actually more persuasive than online.
- The difference between a talk trigger and a USP (unique selling proposition).
- The 4-5-6 system for building talk triggers.
- Why “Surprise and Delight” does NOT make for an effective talk trigger.
- How the magicians Penn & Teller create a memorable experience for their fans.
- Why empathy is the easiest talk trigger to implement, and extremely powerful.
- What you can learn from Dr. Glen Gorab, an oral surgeon who uses a simple but immensely effective talk trigger that has exploded his practice.
- The thing about Dr. Snip and his “very special” giveaway. 😉
The 4 Requirements of a Talk Trigger
- Must be remarkable
- Must be relevant
- Must be reasonable
- Must be repeatable
Click to Tweet
A talk trigger is a strategic operational differentiator that compels word of mouth. @jaybaer #marketing Click To Tweet
Word of mouth #marketing and talk triggers are all about giving your customers a consistent story to tell about you. @jaybaer Click To Tweet
#Advertising is a tax on the unremarkable.~Robert Stephens, founder of Geek Squad per @jaybaer Click To Tweet
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer & Daniel Lemin
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is about Help Not Hype by Jay Baer
- Social Pros Podcast
- Hire Jay to speak
- Free Presentation by Jay and Daniel that you can download and present to YOUR team members. You can easily customize it to talk about your own talk triggers.
- Connect with Jay on LinkedIn
- Follow Jay on Twitter
- Follow Jay on Instagram
- Jay’s YouTube channel