He didn’t FOCUS on winning… yet he constantly won. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll hear from award-winning journalist Don Yaeger, who has met, hung out with, and interviewed many of our world’s top performers—those we would consider great. Even better, he shares a number of their commonalities. Powerful!
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Coach John Wooden’s definition of Success: “Peace of mind that is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.”
- A few of Coach Wooden’s qualities that stood out the most.
- That focusing on bringing value to your customers will result in earning much more money than focusing on the money itself.
Interview with Don Yaeger
- What drew Don to journalism.
- How Don defines “greatness,” and what greatness is NOT.
- The question that Don asked 2,500 people over a 25-year career, and what the answers to this question taught him about the habits that lead to greatness.
- The four pillars of greatness Don identifies in his book, Greatness.
- Why the truly great ones hate to lose more than they love to win, and why the losses are part of the fuel that drives them.
- Why the truly great ones are always in search of a better inner circle.
- The importance of doing your prep work.
- Insights about the great Hall of Fame baseball player, Roberto Clemente.
- A powerful quote from John Wooden: “You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.”
Click to Tweet
Focusing on bringing #value to your customers will result in earning much more money than focusing on the money itself. @DonYaeger #greatness Click To Tweet
The great ones know they will never outperform their inner circle. So the great ones are always out to improve their inner circle. @DonYaeger #greatness Click To Tweet
#Greatness is the persistent pursuit of professional and personal exceptionalism. @DonYaeger Click To Tweet
- GREATNESS: The 16 Characteristics of True Champions by Don Yaeger
- Don Yaeger’s books
- Don’s blog
- Book Don to speak
- Daily Dose of Greatness Newsletter
- Connect with Don on Facebook
- Connect with Don on LinkedIn
- Follow Don on Twitter