When it comes to utilizing technology in our daily lives, can we prioritize better than we are currently? I believe we can. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Dan Schawbel shares how great leaders bring connection to the workplace in an age where technology has created what he calls, an “Age of Isolation.” That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The reality of technology today: what was supposed to be our servant has all-too-often become our master, placing us at its beck and call rather than the other way around.
- Our need to be aware of how technology can actually hurt our relationships.
- Why we should love people & use technology rather than love technology & use people.
Interview with Dan Schawbel
- How technology has weakened relationships in the workplace.
- What is driving the current “experience renaissance.”
- How to use technology to maximize relationships in the workplace.
- The four employee engagement factors that can be used to foster healthier and more productive work cultures: happiness, belonging, purpose, and trust.
- Why work-life balance is a myth, and why we should embrace integration instead.
- A powerful story about the value of face-to-face communication versus email.
- Why soft skills become increasingly important as technology becomes more prevalent.
Click to Tweet
When we rely on devices to connect with other humans, our #relationships become weaker. @danschawbel Click To Tweet
As #technology becomes more and more pervasive in our personal and work lives, interpersonal skills will become MORE important. @danschawbel Click To Tweet
Doing business is all about #relationships, and relationship-building skills will never be automated. ~Dan Klamm, Nielsen. @danschawbel Click To Tweet
- Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation by Dan Schawbel
- Book introduction free download: bit.ly/2yMdLL7
- Comedy Sketch: bit.ly/2AHtvjE
- Promote Yourself by Dan Schawbel
- Me 2.0 by Dan Schawbel
- Dan’s blog
- 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel Podcast
- Connect with Dan on Facebook
- Connect with Dan on LinkedIn
- Follow Dan on Twitter
- Follow Dan on Instagram
- Dan’s YouTube channel
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.