Have you ever fallen victim to promises of something that would happen after the first of the year — mainly promises you’ve made to yourself. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Meridith Elliott Powell helps us work through everything about the holiday season that can hold our business back, and instead take us forward. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A suggestion to keep this part of the year profitable for you in a way that cannot be measured monetarily.
- How to get six weeks ahead of schedule and build momentum by changing habits now.
- The power of changing just one single habit.
Interview with Meridith Elliott Powell
- Why the holiday season is one of the best times to sell.
- Tips for calling on your customers and prospects during the holiday season and laying the groundwork for a strong first quarter of the new year.
- How to use Thanksgiving to say “thank you” to customers and prospects.
- Practical steps to equip your sales team by making a list of the customers and prospects who need a touch.
- The power of finding an accountability buddy if you don’t have a sales team.
- The inside scoop on the new book by Meridith and Connie Podesta.
- Why sales leaders need to quit skipping coaching sessions with their team members, and instead invest regularly in developing them.
Click to Tweet
What you do through the holiday season is one of the biggest indicators of how successful you are going to be in the following year. @meridithpowell #business Click To Tweet
The holiday season is a great time to get out and visit the #customers you believe you are going to be doing business with in the first quarter of the year. @meridithpowell Click To Tweet
The power of #selling through the holiday season is that your competitors aren’t there. @meridithpowell Click To Tweet
- Own It: Redefining Responsibility by Meridith Elliott Powell
- Winning In The Trust & Value Economy by Meridith Elliott Powell
- The MOST Amazing Sales Book Ever: Cut Through The Excuses and Send Sales Through the Roof by Meridith Elliott Powell and Connie Podesta (due out February, 2019)
- Meridith’s books
- Meridith’s online courses
- Meridith’s blog
- Hire Meridith to speak
- Connect with Meridith on Facebook
- Connect with Meridith on LinkedIn
- Follow Meridith on Twitter
- Meridith’s YouTube channel