028 Influential Living
In 1937 a book titled, Think and Grow Rich was published that would go on to impact the lives of countless millions of people. But it’s what the author, Napoleon Hill, wrote 20 years BEFORE which is the focus of this episode.
Bob’s featured guest, Jeffrey Gitomer, has very special insight into this topic. Jeffrey is known by many throughout the world as “The King of Sales.” Now that’s one amazing moniker. In his case, a well-earned one.
Bob would say that there are few people who’ve ever existed on this earth with the amount of sales and personal development knowledge and wisdom as this man. But what’s the connection between Mr. Gitomer and Napoleon Hill’s 1917 book? Read on and find out. It’s quite a story!
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of 15 best-selling books including The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. Bob has practically all 15 in a “Gitomer section” of his library, and we hope you have a bunch of them, as well. Jeffrey’s a creative, on-the-edge, writer and speaker whose expertise on sales, customer loyalty, and personal development is world renowned.
Twenty years before Dr. Napoleon Hill published Think and Grow Rich, he wrote a series of lessons for a course he was teaching. The Napoleon Hill Foundation some years ago discovered these and asked Jeffrey to put them in the form of a book, along with Jeffrey’s annotations and suggestions. The result is an absolutely brilliant book called, Truthful Living: The First Writings of Napoleon Hill.
Some of the topics Bob and Jeffrey discuss are:
- The immense importance of correct thought.
- What Napoleon Hill called “The Magic Key.”
- The cause of ninety percent of life’s miseries and failures and how to avoid it.
- What Dr. Hill claimed one MUST do in order to happy and prosperous. (this might surprise you!)
- A Gitomer Insight regarding the The Law of Attraction and one simple adjective by Dr. Hill that changes everything.
Resources mentioned during the show:
- Bob’s Blog Post: “A Favorite Paragraph from Think and Grow Rich” http://bit.ly/2Er8Inx
- Bob’s Blog Post: “Burning Bridges? It’s All in The Context”: http://bit.ly/2SOcmv9
- Jeffrey Gitomer’s Website: www.gitomer.com
- Truthful Living: The First Writings of Napoleon Hill: https://amzn.to/2JQtH1v
- Sales Manifesto by Jeffrey Gitomer: https://amzn.to/2w1RAik
- Jeffrey’s Website book page: https://www.buygitomer.com/collections/books
- Jeffrey’s Amazon book page: https://www.amazon.com/Jeffrey-Gitomer/e/B001H6PSOO
- Jeffrey’s Blog: https://go.gitomer.com/blog
- Jeffrey’s Podcast: “Sell or Die” co-hosted with Jennifer Gluckow
- Online Learning Academy: https://go.gitomer.com/gitomer-learning-academy
Connect with Jeffery on social media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/JeffreyGitomer
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gitomer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreygitomer/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeffreygitomer/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/BuyGitomer/videos
Bob Burg’s Resources:
- Join The Go-Giver Movement: https://thegogiver.com/join
- Go-Giver Influencers Facebook Membership Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoGiverInfluencers/
- The Go-Giver Entrepreneurs Academy: https://gogiverentrepreneursacademy.com/
- Go-Giver Certified Speaker Program: https://gogiverspeaker.com/
- The Go-Giver book: https://bit.ly/2F5nTzc
- The Go-Giver Influencer book: https://bit.ly/2Deo0Hc