Does the creative plane deny there being such a thing as competition? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Anthony Iannarino looks at operating on the creative plane of sales when it comes to competition. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The difference between focusing on your competition and being aware of them.
- A powerful reminder from Wallace D. Wattles’ 1910 classic, The Science of Getting Rich, to operate on the “creative plane” rather than on the “competitive plane.”
- Why it is indeed important to understand your competition.
Interview with Anthony Iannarino
- What it means to create compelling differentiated value.
- Practical ways to develop a competitive advantage.
- The difference between a red ocean strategy and a blue ocean strategy.
- The biggest obstacles to competitive displacement.
- The biggest mistake salespeople make when pursuing a new account.
- How to offer value to your potential client in your first meeting.
- The difference between the CEO of the problem and the CEO of the company.
- How Anthony’s OutBound 2019 event can help salespeople and sales managers.
- The link between leadership and accountability.
Click to Tweet
#Competition is healthy. It means that it’s a contest to see who can innovate, who can create the greatest value, and who can take better care of the customer. Everyone benefits from it. @iannarino #sales Click To Tweet
The CEO of the problem is the highest-level person who actually cares about the results you can help them produce. @iannarino #leadership Click To Tweet
Leadership is taking #accountability for producing a result. @iannarino Click To Tweet
- OutBound 2019 (If you register for the Main Event on April 24-25, be sure and use coupon code: GoGiver100 to get $100 off the registration fee.)
- Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition by Anthony Iannarino
- The Lost Art of Closing by Anthony Iannarino
- The Only Sales Guide You’ll Ever Need by Anthony Iannarino
- Anthony’s Blog
- Hire Anthony to Speak
- “In The Arena” Podcast
- Course: B2B Sales Toolkit
- Course: Sales Accelerator
- Free Resources
- Connect with Anthony on Facebook
- Connect with Anthony on LinkedIn
- Follow Anthony on Twitter
- Follow Anthony on Instagram
- Anthony’s YouTube channel