When it comes to obtaining referrals, there’s often something very important missing. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, referral icon Bill Cates joins us with a powerful look into dramatically increasing the amount of high-quality referrals and introductions that you receive. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- An engaging story about a Realtor® who served her clients extremely well, yet never received a referral from them.
- The importance of putting proper systems in place in order to create an environment for referrals to occur on a regular and predictable basis.
Interview with Bill Cates
- Why there is a low correlation between client satisfaction and the giving of referrals.
- That to create exponential growth you’ll need to be more proactive.
- An overview of the perpetual revenue system: Engagement, Leverage, Connection.
- The essence of being referable: making a value connection and a human connection.
- Bill’s powerful and effective “VIPS” process for asking for referrals.
- The importance of the “Value Discussion.”
- What it means to go “beyond the referral.”
- Some of the language and questions to use in order to comfortably set the appointment.
- Two types of research to go through before you get on the phone with a prospect (warm and cold research).
- Behind-the-scenes stories of Bill’s adventures around the world.
Click to Tweet
The #referral is not the ultimate benefit. The referral is the implied benefit. @Bill_Cates #sales Click To Tweet
Setting and getting the appointment starts with the quality of the introduction you get. @Bill_Cates #referrals Click To Tweet
On this episode, @Bill_Cates shares an overview of the perpetual #revenue system: Engagement, Leverage, Connection. #referrals Click To Tweet
- Referral Coach Resources
- Beyond Referrals: How to Use the Perpetual Revenue System to Convert Referrals into High-Value Clients by Bill Cates
- Bill’s Blog
- Hire Bill to Speak
- Connect with Bill on Facebook
- Connect with Bill on LinkedIn
- Follow Bill on Twitter
- Bill’s YouTube channel