A marketing rebellion has occurred, and it’s still occurring. We’ll learn about that from one of the icons of marketing, Mark Schaefer. That and more on today’s show.
Interview with Mark Schaefer
- Mark’s gift for discovering trends in marketing.
- The core ideas behind Mark’s new book Marketing Rebellion.
- Why marketing is no longer about changing customers’ minds, but is more about coming alongside them and respecting them.
- A powerful story about Ivory soap vs. local soap.
- Why technology has become the enemy of great marketing.
- Mark’s story of being “hugged by a brand”.
- The constant human truth: people want to be acknowledged and loved.
- Why we must make the customer the hero of the story.
Click to Tweet
The practice of #marketing is the intersection of all things human. @markwschaefer Click To Tweet
Deep down, we’ve always know that #business is about emotions and relationships. @markwschaefer Click To Tweet
The best companies on earth don’t ‘own’ #customers. They own a space and help customers belong there. @markwschaefer Click To Tweet
- Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins by Mark Schaefer
- KNOWN: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age by Mark Schaefer
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies to Ignite Your Content, Your Marketing, and Your Business by Mark Schaefer
- The Tao of Twitter: The World’s Bestselling Guide to Changing Your Life and Your Business One Connection at a Time by Mark Schaefer
- Get a free chapter of Marketing Rebellion
- Mark’s Blog
- Marketing Companion Podcast
- Hire Mark to speak
- Press Inquiries
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Mark on Twitter
- Follow Mark on Instagram
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.