Three types of advice are good advice, bad advice, and false advice. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, sales icon Mike Weinberg busts some false advice when it comes to sales, and also shares with us the #SalesTruth, which just happens to be the title of his fantastic new book. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The difference between good advice, bad advice, and false advice.
- Why counsel based on incomplete information is dangerous.
- An example of false advice that is commonly accepted as true.
Interview with Mike Weinberg
- Several sales myths, and why they are just that…myths.
- Why we should question the influencers who say outbound marketing doesn’t work.
- The value of traditional sales methods such as using the phone.
- 7 powerful sales lessons from the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- The reason most companies don’t have more new sales.
- The three most important jobs of a salesperson.
- A powerful story of two different salespeople—one Mike didn’t buy from… the other he did.
7 Powerful Sales Lessons from the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election:
- People (buyers) act in their own self-interest, and your messaging matters.
- Don’t take your longtime loyal customers for granted.
- Prospects and customers do not always tell the truth.
- The deal is won before and after the big presentation, not in the boardroom or convention center.
- Don’t make false promises or name your product something it is not.
- Trashing your competitor’s supporters will come back to haunt you.
- Don’t count your chickens before they hatch (or pre-celebrate victory).
Click to Tweet
You don’t have more new #sales because your people don’t spend time working on it. @mike_weinberg Click To Tweet
The job of a salesperson is to create, advance, and close #sales opportunities. @mike_weinberg Click To Tweet
The great @mike_weinberg shares 7 powerful #sales lessons from the 2016 U.S. Presidential election. Click To Tweet
- #SalesTruth: Debunk the Myths. Apply Powerful Principles. Win More New Sales by Mike Weinberg
- New Sales. Simplified by Mike Weinberg
- Sales Management. Simplified by Mike Weinberg
- Mike’s Blog
- Connect with Mike on Facebook
- Connect with Mike on LinkedIn
- Follow Mike on Twitter
- Follow Mike on Instagram
- Mike’s YouTube channel