How do you feel about money? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, money and happiness expert Ken Honda shares with us why⏤not the money itself, but our emotions around money⏤have so much to do with the degree of happiness we experience.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The beauty of a free market: a place where people can choose to buy and pay for what they wish based on their own values.
- Why money tends to be one of the most emotional concepts there is, and why most people’s reactions to money have a negative ring.
- Several prosperity-based authors who can help you override the constant messages of lack we receive from so many sources.
Interview with Ken Honda
- The story that opens Ken’s book⏤a rather strange story by Western standards.
- The difference between Happy Money and Unhappy Money.
- Why most of us are already in a deeply committed, unhappy relationship with our money.
- The tragedy that began Ken’s quest to learn and understand the meaning of money.
- Two powerful words that will help you to start to transform your relationship with money.
- Two kinds of money knowledge: IQ and EQ.
- The myth of scarcity and why it is so pervasive.
- What parents must teach their children about money.
5 Steps to Happy Money:
- Shift out of the scarcity mindset.
- Forgive and heal your money wounds.
- Discover your gifts and get into the flow of Happy Money.
- Trust life.
- Say “arigato” all the time.
Click to Tweet
It is not how much you make or have that results in Happy Money or Unhappy Money; it is the energy in which your #money is given and received that determines your flow. @KenHondaHappy Click To Tweet
Winning the #money game is not how well you do financially. It is how good you FEEL ABOUT PLAYING. @KenHondaHappy Click To Tweet
A healthy relationship with #money can bring you a deep sense of peace. @KenHondaHappy Click To Tweet
- Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money by Ken Honda
- Connect with Ken on Facebook
- Follow Ken on Twitter
- Follow Ken on Instagram
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.