Just how important is our attention when it comes to our achieving that which we desire? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment: It used to be that TIME Management was suggested to help us be more productive. However, today’s guest says the key is actually ATTENTION management. Maura Nevel Thomas will share some very helpful information from her terrific new book on that very topic. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why desire is so important to accomplishing a specific goal.
- A powerful quote from The Master Key System by Charles F. Hannel regarding the power of attention as it relates to creative thought.
Interview with Maura Nevel Thomas
- Why “time management” is a myth.
- Maura’s definition of “productivity”: Achieving or producing a significant amount or result.
- The Productivity Paradox, and how to manage it.
- A key insight about our modern technology: it is created to be habit-forming.
- Steps that can help you manage your attention, unleash your genius, and become much more productive.
- The four quadrants of attention management.
- The importance of recognizing how often we allow our attention to be stolen by technology.
Click to Tweet
Learn how to manage your attention, unleash your genius, and become much more productive. @mnthomas #attention Click To Tweet
How you manage your time only matters if you manage your #attention. @mnthomas Click To Tweet
Since #distraction is our problem, time-management is not the solution. The antidote to distraction is #attention. @mnthomas Click To Tweet
- Attention Management: How To Create Success And Gain Productivity — Every Day by Maura Nevel Thomas
- Personal Productivity Secrets by Maura Nevel Thomas
- Work Without Walls by Maura Nevel Thomas
- All of Maura’s books
- Maura’s Blog
- Maura’s Speaking page
- Connect with Maura on Facebook
- Connect with Maura on LinkedIn
- Follow Maura on Twitter
- Maura’s YouTube channel