Why is freedom so important? We’ll look at in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll explore what it means to have a “Freedom Lifestyle,” as well as the keys to having one. We’ll discuss that with the author of a book on that very topic. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Two definitions of “freedom.”
- Why 75% of employees feel disengaged at work.
- The importance of autonomy and “intrinsic motivation” vis-à-vis employee performance.
Interview with Curt Mercadante
- How Curt defines “entrepreneurial freedom.”
- Curt’s story of feeling overwhelmed but then gaining time freedom and financial freedom.
- The difference between growing a business and scaling a business.
- How Curt’s Father impacted how he viewed success and relationships.
- The five key areas that must be firing on all cylinders for you to be living out The Freedom Five: Superpowers, Vision, Alignment, Outcomes, Goals.
- Why the key to freedom and fulfillment isn’t balance; it’s alignment.
- The importance of reverse-engineering your vision by establishing short-term goals.
- How companies and teams can apply the principles of The Freedom Five.
Click to Tweet
What are “The Freedom Five?” Author and Entrepreneur, @CurtMercadante shares this and more from his terrific book, “Five Pillars of The Freedom Lifestyle” in this episode of The Go-Giver Podcast. Click To Tweet
True #entrepreneurial freedom means growing your business while growing your freedom & fulfillment. @CurtMercadante Click To Tweet
The key to freedom and fulfillment isn’t balance; it’s alignment: aligning the three facets in your life—work, family, and self. @CurtMercadante Click To Tweet
- Five Pillars of the Freedom Lifestyle: How to Escape Your Comfort Zone of Misery by Curt Mercadante (Amazon link)
- Curt’s Podcast
- Connect with Curt on Facebook
- Connect with Curt on LinkedIn
- Follow Curt on Twitter
- Follow Curt on Instagram
- Curt’s YouTube channel