Value is always in the eyes of the beholder. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Bill Cates reveals the immense importance of relevance — or as he calls it, “radical relevance” — in today’s marketplace. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Value: “the relative worth or desirability of a thing to the end-user or beholder.”
- Why value is not what WE find to be valuable about our product or service but rather what THEY (the consumer) finds to be of value.
- The need for what we sell to be relevant. Actually, it must be…“radically relevant.”
Interview with Bill Cates
- What radical relevance is, and why it’s so important.
- Two of the biggest challenges we face attracting and winning new clients: 1) marketing message overload, and 2) inertia.
- Why radical relevance is the business equivalent of “love at first sight.”
- The importance of empathy in marketing.
- The neuroscience of relevance.
- How Bill developed the concept of radical relevance by changing the name of one of his publishing companies.
- The difference between a brand and a value proposition.
- The three-phase approach to building your value proposition.
Click to Tweet
The only way for your business to compete with marketing-message overload is to find ways to be super relevant to just the right prospects. @Bill_Cates #relevance #marketing Click To Tweet
Radical Relevance is the business equivalent of love at first sight. @Bill_Cates #relevance #business Click To Tweet
Seeing the world through the eyes of your prospects and clients is at the heart of relevance. @Bill_Cates @relevance @sales Click To Tweet
- Radical Relevance: Sharpen Your Marketing Message, Cut Through the Noise, Win More Ideal Clients by Bill Cates
- Beyond Referrals: How to Use the Perpetual Revenue System to Convert Referrals into High-Value Clients by Bill Cates
- The Cates Academy
- Bill’s Blog
- Bill’s Speaking page
- Connect with Bill on Facebook
- Connect with Bill on LinkedIn
- Follow Bill on Twitter
- Bill’s YouTube channel