Success depends far less on luck than it does on doing the correct things in the success process. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll hear from two of my favorite people in the world. They are truly a power couple with some POWERFUL principles for success! That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why success—financial or otherwise–based on luck is not sustainable.
- Some “clues” to long-term success.
Interview with Heath Oakes and Jenny Anchondo
- How Heath and Jenny became so successful at such young ages.
- How both of them were so immensely persistent and absolutely refused to be denied.
- The importance of showing up in person—it’s harder to say “no” to somebody in person.
- The value of reframing “no” to help you be more successful.
- Examples of headlines they’ve used for riffs on their podcast and the great life’s lessons.
- Some highlights from guests on Jenny’s follow-up show, Second Shot Sit-Downs.
- A few “Heath-isms” … courtesy of Jenny.
Click to Tweet
Powerful success principles shared by @HeathOakes & @JennyAnchondoTV on this episode of The Go-Giver Podcast titled, “Power Couple.” #success Click To Tweet
It’s always harder to say no to someone in person. @JennyAnchondoTV #successs Click To Tweet
Learn how Richard Fenton’s and Andrea Waltz’s (@GoforNo) book, “Go for No” impacted @HeathOakes’ sales career on this episode of The Go-Giver Podcast. #sales Click To Tweet
- Ignorance on Fire: A Journey of Failing Your Way to Success by Heath Oakes
- Second Shot Podcast
- Jenny’s Blog
- Hire Jenny to speak
- Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz
Jenny Anchondo’s Social Media
- Connect with Jenny on Facebook
- Connect with Jenny on LinkedIn
- Follow Jenny on Twitter
- Follow Jenny on Instagram
- Jenny’s YouTube channel
Heath Oakes’ Social Media
- Connect with Heath on Facebook
- Connect with Heath on LinkedIn
- Follow Heath on Twitter
- Follow Heath on Instagram
- Heath’s YouTube channel
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.