Respecting and valuing one’s employees and team members–or not doing so–is one of the most consistent aspects of a company’s culture. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we are back with the wonderful April Shprintz to revisit pouring into your people! That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A negative (albeit very important) leadership lesson learned from a plant supervisor in my much younger days.
- The fact that a company’s culture — positive or negative — begins with top leadership.
Interview with April Shprintz
- What it means to “pour into your people” and how it relates to generosity.
- A powerful story of a trucking company that increased its profitability by leveling up its service to a key client.
- A great way to pour into your people: understand who they are, their life goals, and how those intertwine with the company.
- The importance of the vital question: “How can I help?”
- Steps to begin pouring into your people.
- Why pouring into your people is a terrific way to impact not only your business but the whole world.
Click to Tweet
“Generosity is a mindset. How can I help, how can I give you my time, how can I invest in what you want as an employee, as a client, as a community, to help make you successful?” ~@AprilShprintz #leadership Click To Tweet
The first thing about building a generosity culture is pouring into your employees. There are hidden gems all over your organization. ~@AprilShprintz #success Click To Tweet
“Look at everyone who works for you and ask the question, ‘How can I help?’ ~@AprilShprintz #culture Click To Tweet
- April’s Resources
- Standing O! Salute: A Book of Gratitude for Life Lessons by Scott MacGregor (All proceeds go to help wounded veterans and their families.) Chapter contribution by April features the story of first time April felt “poured into” by someone.
April Shprintz’s Social Media
- Connect with April on Facebook
- Connect with April on LinkedIn
- Follow April on Twitter
- Follow April on Instagram
- April’s YouTube Channel