Deep within our hearts, we always know what the right thing to do is, don’t we? Or do we? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Rabbi Yonason Goldson joins us with some ancient wisdom that will help us to navigate through those often gray areas that life sets before us. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Some examples of what are known as “moral dilemmas.”
- An example of an ethical dilemma from the book, Grappling with the Gray.
Interview with Rabbi Yonason Goldson
- Why it’s not always about knowing what the right thing to do is.
- The purpose of study: to learn how to think in an ethical way.
- The difference between the ethical and the legal.
- Why we are sometimes resistant to do the right things.
- Why compliance can be the enemy of ethics.
- The importance of refining yourself so you can consistently do the right things.
- Why relationships are the bedrock of success in every aspect of our lives.
Click to Tweet
There’s no app for being ethical. ~ @yonasongoldson #ethics Click To Tweet
It’s not a question of always knowing what the right thing to do is. It’s knowing how to approach complex situations and do the best we can to get to the most equitable and ethical resolution. ~ @yonasongoldson #ethics Click To Tweet
Legal is not necessarily the same as ethical. The last refuge of unethical is … ’But it’s not illegal.’ ~ @yonasongoldson #ethics Click To Tweet
- Rabbi Goldson’s website
- Grappling with the Gray: An Ethical Handbook for Personal Success and Business Prosperity by Rabbi Yonason Goldson
- Proverbial Beauty: Secrets for Success and Happiness From the Wisdom of the Ages by Rabbi Yonason Goldson
- Rabbi Goldson’s blog
- The Rabbi & The Shrink Podcast
- Rabbi Goldson’s speaking page
- Rabbi Goldson’s TEDx Talk
- Ethical Masterclass Series
- Connect with Rabbi Goldson on LinkedIn
- Connect with Rabbi Goldson on Facebook
- Follow Rabbi Goldson on Twitter
- Follow Rabbi Goldson on Instagram
- Follow Rabbi Goldson on TikTok
- Rabbi Goldson’s YouTube channel
- Selling The Go-Giver Way Online Video Course
- The Go-Giver Entrepreneurs Academy
- Endless Referrals: The Go-Giver Way
- Order The Go-Giver
- Order The Go-Giver Leader
- Order The Go-Giver Influencer
- Endless Referrals: The Go-Giver Way 2-Day Workshop
- How to Post a Review
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.