Not focusing on your competition is NOT the same as ignoring them. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Bob Sager shows us how to be creative and innovative as a way of distinguishing our businesses FROM the competition… in a very crowded and noisy marketplace. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- The difference between FOCUSING on your competitors and ACKNOWLEDGING them.
- Why it’s important to learn about your competitors but to focus on your customer.
- That successful people live in the world that IS, not the world they WISH it is.
- That your role is to create value for those in your target market—those you serve and wish to serve.
Interview with Bob Sager
- The importance of presenting yourself in an innovative way, so people will pay attention.
- The top three problem areas for businesses.
- The principle of “magnification” in order to engage prospective customers.
- How Bob Sager’s game, What’s the BIG Idea? elevates your creative thinking skills.
- That coming up with good ideas means coming up with a lot of ideas.
- An overview of Bob Sager’s subscription service for business strategies.
Click to Tweet
People only pay attention until they THINK they know what you’re saying. Then they quickly move on. @sagerbob #communication Click To Tweet
You have 5 seconds or less to capture people’s attention. @sagerbob #attention Click To Tweet
If you want to come up with good ideas, you have to come up with a lot of ideas. @sagrebob #ideas Click To Tweet
- Find Bob Sager on LinkedIn
- Follow Bob Sager on Twitter
- Chat with Bob Sager on Clubhouse: @bobsager
- 101 Freaking Brilliant Business Ideas: And Ten Ways YOU Can Create Your Own by Bob Sager
- Discovering Your Greatness: A Higher Level Thinking and Action Guide by Bob Sager
- Living a Wealthy Life: Stories of Gaining an Abundance in All Five Forms of Wealth by Bob Sager
- Visit Spear Point Solutions’ website
- Connect with Spear Point Solutions on LinkedIn
- Follow Speak Point Solutions on Facebook
- Explore Spear Point Solutions’ Resources
- Learn More About the What’s the BIG Idea Game Show
- Check Out What’s the BIG Idea Show’s Facebook Page
- Watch What’s the BIG Idea Show on Youtube
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.