Passion for what you do is important… up to a point. We’ll discuss that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Carrie Wilkerson shares some powerful thoughts on success, both as a home-based entrepreneur and as a human being. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why the advice, “Follow your passion, and the money will come” is not completely correct.
- The vital connection between passion, competence, and marketplace.
- Why sometimes the only thing you need to be passionate about is the opportunity itself.
Interview with Carrie Wilkerson
- How Carrie learned early in life that her results were tied directly to her efforts, rather than the circumstance or an employer.
- The importance of doing whatever it takes.
- How Carrie lives out the principle, “short-term sacrifice equals long-term gain.”
- Why she doesn’t believe there is such a thing as work-life balance.
- Why wanting to have a little more money is not a big enough goal.
- Carrie’s surprising view of passion and why it’s not the most important element in achieving success.
- Why she doesn’t set annual goals, and what she does instead.
- How to avoid getting lost in the year and begin focusing on the day… because the days matter.
- How she lost a total of 145 lbs. by breaking down larger goals into smaller ones.
Click to Tweet
Discover why “the days matter” and how to set realistic goals. @CarrieWilkerson #CarrieOn Click To Tweet
Learn why @CarrieWilkerson doesn’t set annual goals...and what she does instead. #CarrieOn Click To Tweet
Short-term sacrifice equals long-term gain. @CarrieWilkerson #CarrieOn Click To Tweet
- The Barefoot Executive by Carrie Wilkerson (free chapter)
- Follow Carrie on Twitter
- Connect with Carrie on Facebook