In this episode, we consider the importance of consistency from cave-person days to our present day. How does consistency frame the way we see others and how they see us? Bob shares his thoughts on this critical topic. Then in our interview segment, we’ll hear from successful entrepreneur and performance expert Joe Calloway, a man who holds consistency as a core value of any high-performing business or successful individual. We’ll find out why. Powerful lessons from Joe!
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Consistency is a large part of the success of any franchise (perhaps even more important than quality).
- Dr. Robert Cialdini, in his book Influence: Science and Practice, says that we desire consistency in others, but also have a need to appear (and be) consistent ourselves.
- The more consistent you are, the more you’ll be liked and trusted.
- When you combine consistency with excellence, you communicate exceptional value.
Interview with Joe Calloway
- Why Joe is rarely impressed by “WOW! experiences.”
- The importance of the “three things” in upping your performance.
- Consistency of performance is your brand builder.
- Magnetic: The Art of Attracting Business by Joe Calloway
- Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.