Should we directly incent people to refer business to us? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, John Ruhlin, author of Giftology, will introduce us to the science of gifting and how to do it correctly, powerfully, and profitably. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Three reasons why paying people for referrals is usually counter-productive.
- Why an internal motivation (others believing in you, your product or service) is much more powerful than an external one (such as a financial reward).
- How bribing someone for a referral will negatively impact the person who was referred and their relationship with you.
Interview with John Ruhlin
- What giftology is not.
- The key lesson about gratitude that John learned from the father of the girl he was dating in college.
- Why the gift is not about the item itself.
- Major pitfalls to avoid when giving gifts.
- Why gifting has the amazing potential to spark your company’s growth.
- How to stand out by showing love in a thoughtful way.
- Some of the gifts that most of us think are a good idea, but are not.
- The worst time of the year to send a gift.
- The three qualities of a great gift.
- Why gifting is not just for your prospects and customers, but also for your employees and suppliers.
- An amazing gift John’s company provides for their working moms.
Click to Tweet
If you want to drive referrals, you have to inspire #referrals. @ruhlin Click To Tweet
Learn how to stand out by showing love through giving #gifts. @ruhlin Click To Tweet
Want to cut through the noise and increase referrals by giving #gifts? @ruhlin shows you how. Click To Tweet
- Giftology by John Ruhlin
- 10 Gifts to Avoid Giving Key Clients (free PDF)
- Follow John Ruhlin on Twitter