A salesperson by any other name is still a salesperson, and that’s something to be proud of. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Dov Gordon shares why sales is leadership, as well as a very simple and elegant understanding of our prospective customer’s expectations. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why so many salespeople today are in “sales denial.”
- How this false premise is costing you sales and keeping people from benefiting from your product or service.
- How I define selling, and why it’s not about taking, but about giving value.
- Why you should be proud to say that you are a sales professional, and why you are so very needed.
Interview with Dov Gordon
- Why you don’t need to be a celebrity in your field — you just need to know how to communicate the value your potential clients want.
- What Dov means by the phrase “sales is leadership.”
- Why sales starts with a conversation.
- The biggest mistake people make when talking with a prospect.
- What the prospect wants to feel that you understand about them.
- The purpose of a sales script.
- The importance of being in the moment with the potential client.
Three questions that go through the mind of your prospect:
- Q1: “Do you understand me?”
- Q2: “Wow, you get me! What do you recommend?”
- Q3: “Is what you recommend right for me?”
Click to Tweet
No one wants to follow somebody who doesn’t know where they’re going, even if it’s in a #sales conversation. @DovGordon Click To Tweet
It’s not about getting them to buy, it’s about making it easy for them to buy. @DovGordon #sales Click To Tweet
#Listening is a real way to differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace. @DovGordon #sales Click To Tweet
- Free Manual: How to Systematically and Consistently Attract First-rate Clients
- Free Video Course: The Missing 5%: The Honest Secret to A Consistent Flow of Ideal Clients.
- Connect with Dov on Facebook
- Connect with Dov on LinkedIn
- Follow Dov on Twitter