Good intentions are terrific, but what are the consequences when they’re not thought through? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, the always wise and entertaining entrepreneur and media personality, Carol Roth, shares the benefits of playing the long game … and why most of us fail to do so. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- A powerful passage about unintended consequences from Robert Greene’s book, The Laws of Human Nature.
- Steps to take when about to make a quick decision to solve an immediate problem.
- The importance of making a “conscious decision” based on the most amount of information possible.
Interview with Carol Roth
- How long-term thinking and delayed gratification can improve all areas of society.
- Carol’s story of going from 40k in student debt to making her first million by age 30.
- Why investors and board members of publicly traded companies must think long-term.
- The value of term limits for politicians.
- How playing the long game can make you more prepared for short-term opportunities.
- The value of the legacy planning system Future File® when planning end-of-life wishes.
Click to Tweet
On this episode, @caroljsroth shares how the power of long-term thinking and delayed gratification can improve all areas of society. #planning Click To Tweet
When you play the long game, you are more prepared to take advantage of short-term #opportunities. @caroljsroth Click To Tweet
What makes a successful #entrepreneur? 1) A need in the market. 2) You are the right person to solve it. 3) It’s the right time for you and for the market. @caroljsroth Click To Tweet
- The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- Future File
- Read Carol’s blog
- Hire Carol to speak
- The Entrepreneur Equation by Carol Roth
- The Roth Effect Podcast
- Follow Carol on Twitter