When it comes to your career, have you ever wondered if it’s just too late to either up your game or shift gears completely? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Joe Calloway will answer both questions with a resounding NO, it’s not too late. AND he helps guide us to our next success. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why one of the world’s top non-celebrity speakers is no longer speaking at conferences.
- Two powerful examples of people who—later in their lives—either made a major business progression, or switched careers…and experienced great success.
Interview with Joe Calloway
- The background behind Joe’s next success.
- How to know if you are experiencing a “success plateau.”
- Various reasons why one would want to make a big change.
- How the “comfort of the familiar” can get in the way and keep you stuck.
- Why fear often prevents you from moving where you are to where you want to be.
- The danger of getting stuck doing something you are good at.
- Joe’s take regarding the oft-cited career advice, “follow your passion.”
- The importance of looking at your career through both a business and a personal lens and finding the place where those two match up.
- Joe’s personal motivation for always moving to the “next thing.”
Click to Tweet
Discover how to know if you are experiencing a “success plateau.” @joecalloway is our special guest in this powerful episode. #coaching Click To Tweet
Something is going to put you out of #business. It can either be somebody else or it can be you. @joecalloway Click To Tweet
Don’t get stuck doing something you’re good at (when it holds you back from doing more). @joecalloway #success Click To Tweet
- The Leadership Mindset: How Today’s Successful Business Leaders Think by Joe Calloway
- Becoming A Category Of One: How Extraordinary Companies Transcend Commodity and Defy Comparison, 2nd Edition by Joe Calloway
- Magnetic: The Art of Attracting Business by Joe Calloway
- Be the Best at What Matters Most: The Only Strategy You will Ever Need by Joe Calloway
- Connect with Joe on Facebook
- Connect with Joe on LinkedIn
- Follow Joe on Twitter
- Joe’s YouTube channel
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.