A huge part of leadership, in business, and in life, is expressing gratitude. One of the very best ways to express gratitude is also one of most old-fashioned. We’ll discuss that in our Thought of the Day. And later in the interview segment, we’ll talk with Lee Cockerell, the man who ran Operations for the Walt Disney World Resort for many years and created much of the leadership training for which it’s so well-known.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why it’s so easy to distinguish yourself from others by sending handwritten thank you notes.
- How handwritten notes impact others.
- The reasons people often keep these notes.
Interview with Lee Cockerell
- The three things Disney does better than almost anyone else.
- How to get your company culture right, and why it’s so difficult.
- Why great people, not products, are the only strategic advantage you have.
- How his insecurity held him back as a young leader.
- How the RAVE strategy (Respect, Appreciate, Value Everything) can impact your life.
- What Lee’s extensive travel taught him about respecting and appreciating other people.
- The #1 reason people leave a company (and relationships).
- Why you should never underestimate the power of encouraging and thanking others.
Lee Cockerell’s 10 Strategies for Creating Magic
- Remember, Everyone is Important
- Break The Mold
- Make Your People Your Brand
- Create Magic Through Training
- Eliminate Hassles
- Learn the Truth
- Burn the Free Fuel
- Stay Ahead of the Pack
- Be Careful What You Say and Do
- Develop Character
Click to Tweet
- Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies From A Life At Disney by Lee Cockerell
- Time Management Magic by Lee Cockerell
- The Customer Rules by Lee Cockerell
- Creating Disney Magic Podcast