Does focusing on bringing value to others–actually placing their interests first–mean that you’re more likely to lose out or be taken advantage of? Or, more likely to win big? We’ll discuss that in our Thought of the Day. And later in today’s interview, we’ll talk with Lisa Earle McLeod, who has created a movement of “Noble Purpose” first in selling, and now in leadership. And the results? I’ll bet you can guess? That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why Bob and his co-author John David Mann often say that “money is an echo of value.”
- The life-changing advice about making money Bob once received from an old mentor.
- Why the target is serving your customer, not making money. And why not only is there nothing naive about that; but it’s actually the most profitable way to do business!
- They key to experiencing immeasurable growth in your sales success and making more money.
Interview with Lisa Earle McLeod
- What it means to pursue a “noble purpose” and how it eliminates the false dichotomy between making money and making a difference.
- Why focusing on improving your customers’ lives is more profitable than focusing on making money.
- A moving story about Lisa’s Father in his final days and the impact he made on others through his business.
- Why you must move from a “money” story to a “meaning” story.
- A vital reminder that your business has a story. It starts with yourself and ends with the story you tell your customers.
- Why nobody ever created something interesting by asking, “How can we make more money?” but rather, “How can we help more customers?”
Click to Tweet
Discover how to lead with noble purpose by making money AND making a difference. Feat. ~ @LisaEarleMcLeod Click To Tweet
Learn how to move from a “money” story to a “meaning” story. via @LisaEarleMcLeod Click To Tweet
Your business has a story. It starts with yourself and ends with the story you tell your customers. via @LisaEarleMcLeod Click To Tweet
- LEADING with Noble Purpose: How to Create a Tribe of True Believers by Lisa Earle McLeod
- Selling with Noble Purpose by Lisa Earle McLeod
- The Triangle of Truth by Lisa Earle McLeod
- Forget Perfect by Lisa Earle McLeod
- Finding Grace by Lisa Earle McLeod
- Check out Lisa’s blog
- Find out more about Lisa’s speaking
- Find out more about the Noble Purpose Institute