Could it possibly be true that when it comes to attaining success, a penniless immigrant actually has an advantage over someone native born? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll speak with someone who indeed emigrated to the U.S. at a very young age with his family. He had no money and didn’t speak English, but he has truly realized the American Dream. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
We’ll look at:
- Inspiring examples of modern immigrants, many of whom escaped communism, poverty, and even Nazi persecution.
- Americana stories of my friends Svetlana Kim, Ha Tran, and dry cleaner, Chan—all immigrants who have built successful lives.
- Why many immigrants who come into this country without much money, hardly a grasp of English, and from a country in which people are not at all free, actually have an advantage.
Interview with Bedros Keuilian
- What it means to have the “immigrant edge.”
- Why we can appreciate what we have in this country even despite economic downturns.
- Sage advice from Bedros’ father: “As long as you serve this country it will serve you and give you the freedom and opportunities you want.”
- How to be resourceful when you don’t have the resources.
- Why we are the barrier to our own success.
- How Bedros went from getting paid $13/hour as a trainer in a big box gym to owning his own personal training studio in only 8 months.
- The value of being part of a Mastermind group.
Click to Tweet
Be like an #immigrant and get resourceful. @bedroskeuilian #success Click To Tweet
As long as you serve this country, it will serve you and give you opportunities for #success. @bedroskeuilian #success Click To Tweet
The grass isn’t greener on the other side. The grass is greener where you water it. @bedroskeuilian #success Click To Tweet
- Man Up by Bedros Keuilian (to be published July 2018)
- Mastermind Programs
- Empire Podcast Show
- Bedros’ Blog
- Connect with Bedros on LinkedIn
- Follow Bedros on Twitter
- Connect with Bedros on Facebook
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.