As leaders, we know it’s incumbent upon us to understand the values and needs of those we wish to lead. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, renowned sales authority Jeff Shore teaches us how to think like a buyer. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- What it means to “get inside someone’s head” in a good way, according to David Novak in his book Taking People With You: The Only Way to Make Big Things Happen.
- Why “getting inside their head” is the only way one can effectively and sustainably lead and influence others.
- A reminder from Dale Carnegie’s classic How to Win Friends and Influence People: “People do things for their reasons, not our reasons.”
Interview with Jeff Shore
- Why it’s the job of a salesperson to make it easy for the customer to buy.
- The value of understanding the psychology of a purchase decision so you can reverse-engineer the presentation to match the way the person wants to buy.
- Why we need to stop thinking that we really understand our customer.
- What we can understand about ourselves to be better decision-makers.
- One of the surprising insights Jeff has learned since he started his podcast.
- Why your customer wants you to succeed.
Click to Tweet
It doesn’t matter how cool your product is if it’s not a good solution to the customer’s problem. @jeffshore #sales Click To Tweet
We make #decisions emotionally but we back them up with our logic. @jeffshore Click To Tweet
In between our circumstances and our response is a choice. ~Viktor Frankl @jeffshore Click To Tweet
- The Buyer’s Mind Podcast
- Sales Leadership Summit 2017
- Closing 2.0 by Jeff Shore
- Be Bold and Win the Sale by Jeff Shore
- Follow Jeff on Twitter
- Connect with Jeff on Facebook
- Connect with Jeff on LinkedIn
- Watch Jeff on YouTube