There’s a reason why Zig Ziglar was a hero to so many of us. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll talk with his proud son, Tom Ziglar, and discuss some of Zig’s sales and life philosophies. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Two of my favorite Zig stories.
- Zig’s passion for ongoing learning, which he continued throughout his life.
- How Zig and his family made an incredible impact on the attendees at one of the public seminars my company used to hold each year.
Interview with Tom Ziglar
- How Tom defines “closing the sale.”
- Why selling is the ultimate serving.
- Why a great salesperson anticipates a problem or pain point for their prospect, and helps them avoid it.
- Five basic reasons people will not buy from you.
- The difference between a stated objection and an actual one.
- The power of great questions in sales.
- Why price and cost are two different things.
- The #1 key to making the jump from an adequate salesperson to a top-tier sales professional.
- How Zig came up with his most famous saying.
- The new program Tom has developed with Kevin Harrington, inventor of the infomercial.
Click to Tweet
Everything is #selling and selling is #SERVING. @TheZigZiglar @TomZiglar Click To Tweet
5 basic reasons people will not buy from you: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust. @TheZigZiglar @TomZiglar #sales Click To Tweet
Discover the all-important difference between price and cost. @TheZigZiglar @TomZiglar #sales Click To Tweet
- Free Video: Secrets of Sales Success
- Tom’s Blog
- The Ziglar Show Podcast
- Follow Tom on Twitter
- Follow Zig on Twitter
- Connect with Tom on Facebook
- Connect with Zig on Facebook
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.