It’s one simple statement, and a follow-up question, delivered respectfully, that can help you powerfully negotiate on a product or service. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment: she was one of the top sports agents in the country, and Molly Fletcher will share with us some of her most powerful negotiating principles. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why people will often make decisions not even in their best interest if they feel insulted.
- Two rude and counter-productive ways of saying “no” to a sale.
- How to pleasantly turn down an offer while still allowing the salesperson to “save face” and understand that they need to come back with a better offer.
Interview with Molly Fletcher
- What people really mean when they say, “I’m not a good negotiator.”
- Molly’s advice for improving your negotiating skills.
- Why it’s imperative to understand what the client really wants.
- The importance of defining what success looks like for you.
- Why clarity is so important in the negotiation process.
- 360-degree awareness in your negotiation process, and how to practice it.
- What it means to “set the stage” in negotiation.
- Three questions the other person is always asking.
- How Molly landed a new client as a young agent by finding common ground.
- The story of three sets of braces for Molly’s daughters.
Click to Tweet
Why is clarity so important in #negotiation? @MollyFletcher reveals the answer on this episode Click To Tweet
You’d better be better than your problems. ~Tom Izzo via @MollyFletcher #negotiation Click To Tweet
Three questions the other person is always asking: 1. Do I like you? 2. Can you help me? 3. Do I trust you? @MollyFletcher #negotiation Click To Tweet
- A Winner’s Guide to Negotiation: How Conversations Get Deals Done by Molly Fletcher
- The Business of Being The Best by Molly Fletcher
- Fearless at Work by Molly Fletcher
- Molly’s Blog
- Molly’s “Game Changers” Podcast
- Book Molly to Speak
- Molly’s Newsletter
- Connect with Molly on LinkedIn
- Connect with Molly on Facebook
- Follow Molly on Twitter
- Follow Molly on Instagram
- Molly’s YouTube channel
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.