Have you ever wondered how and why we accept certain things as being correct without truly understanding why? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, Steve Glaveski, author of Time Rich, counters a very long-standing workplace tradition. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- An important question: Why do we unquestionably accept things as they are?
- A thought experiment regarding this often counterproductive element of human nature.
- The importance of not accepting the status quo…just for the sake of the status quo.
Interview with Steve Glaveski
- The history of the 9 to 5 workday.
- Why working in a “flow” state helps executives become 5 times more productive.
- Why inbox zero is often a reflection of a lack of focusing on our own priorities.
- A reminder from Peter Drucker: “There’s nothing worse than the wrong thing done right.”
- The danger of “polishing” your work too much.
- 6 strategies for becoming more productive at work
6 strategies for becoming more productive at work:
- Test (your assumptions)
- Start (your engines)
Click to Tweet
The larger an organization gets, the more process paralysis they experience because they are trying to protect an existing and common business model. ~@SteveGlaveski #leadership Click To Tweet
Say yes to things that are going to move you closer to your goals.~@SteveGlaveski #productivity Click To Tweet
Join us on this episode where @SteveGlaveski reveals 6 key strategies for becoming more productive at work. #productivity #time Click To Tweet
- Time Rich: Do Your Best Work, Live Your Best Life by Steve Glaveski
- Employee to Entrepreneur: Earn Your Freedom to do Work That Matters by Steve Glaveski
- Harvard Business Review Article: The Case for the Six-Hour Workday by Steve Glaveski
- Steve’s Blog & Podcast
Steve Glaveski’s Social Media
- Connect with Steve on LinkedIn
- Follow Steve on Twitter
- Follow Steve on Instagram
- Steve’s YouTube channel
- Selling The Go-Giver Way Online Video Course
- The Go-Giver Entrepreneurs Academy
- Endless Referrals: The Go-Giver Way
- Order The Go-Giver
- Order The Go-Giver Leader
- Order The Go-Giver Influencer
- Endless Referrals: The Go-Giver Way 2-Day Workshop
- How to Post a Review
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.