Exactly how important is it that we watch our… personal pronouns? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we learn from branding expert Bruce Turkel why our “brand” is not about us. It’s actually all about THEM. That also happens to be the name of his terrific new book.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why we shouldn’t focus on ourselves or even our product… but what we should focus on instead.
- A compelling story from one of Bob and John David Mann’s books illustrating how easy it is to say the words “I” and “me.”
- Why focusing on ourselves in the sales process makes us less effective as influencers.
Interview with Bruce Turkel
- Why the focus should not be what the brand is about, but rather who it is about.
- How branding both reinforces what you do, but also “pre-inforces” what you do.
- Why a good brand makes you feel good, but a great brand makes you feel good about yourself.
- What Bruce means by “Prius” politics, and the steps you should take to make things right when you make a mistake.
- Great advice from Oscar Wilde: “Be yourself… everyone else is already taken.”
Click to Tweet
Discover why your brand is not about you … it’s all about THEM. @BruceTurkel #branding Click To Tweet
A good brand makes people feel good. A great brand makes people feel good about themselves! @BruceTurkel #branding Click To Tweet
You don’t get in trouble for the crime, you get in trouble with the cover-up. @BruceTurkel #branding Click To Tweet
- All About THEM: Grow Your Business by Focusing on Others by Bruce Turkel
- Building Brand Value: Seven Simple Steps to Profitable Communications by Bruce Turkel
- Brain Darts by Bruce Turkel